Features‎ > ‎

Bubble soccer takes a rough turn

posted Nov 17, 2016, 9:14 AM by Rachel Stuhlsatz   [ updated Nov 21, 2016, 9:11 AM by stu.michellewillson@usd356.org ]
Student Council’s second annual Bubble Soccer tournament that was held on Saturday, Nov. 12 had a sudden location change the night before. Instead of having it at the Sports Complex like last year, it was moved to the high school gym to keep the air in the bubbles better.

Then, during the third game, two students, sophomore Mason Davis and senior Matthias Doffing, hit heads.

“They shouldn’t quit having the bubble soccer games just because of one injury,” Davis said.

There was bleeding involved, which caused the games to come to a stop until Stuco sponsors and members decided what they wanted to do.

“I went to the hospital later to get a CAT scan,” Doffing said.  “I have no bleeding on my brain, but I do have a minor concussion.”

With a few teams still needing to play, Stuco decided to play a game of Castles to find a winner. Junior Riley Akiu’s team took first place playing double elimination over senior Jacob Winter’s team, Stuco sponsor Callie Bartelson said.

There are many questions about if Stuco will continue playing bubble soccer in years to come.

“We don’t know if bubble soccer will continue; that will be up to next year's Stuco staff,” Mrs. Bartelson said.


Photos by Michelle Willson

Bubble Soccer


Comments